Test Engineer (Display)
We are seeking an experienced Test Engineer to develop state-of-the-art micro-display characterization capabilities to meet our technology milestones. This is a hands-on role within a small team of test and product engineers. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of developing and maintaining capabilities for display characterizations. This will involve collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and equipment vendors to meet the device requirements for our next-generation displays.
What you will be responsible for:
• Developing, procuring, installing, maintaining, and improving various micro-display test capabilities as needed to support our growing business
• Developing methods and algorithms for characterizing unique device and display structures that may exhibit novel optoelectronic properties
• Continuously driving improvements and innovation in the Test area to achieve company’s product and test objectives
• Maintaining and improving existing opto-electronic test tools
• Defining, collecting, summarizing, and reporting out operational metrics for Test area
• Proposing and evaluating hardware and software modifications to prevent and mitigate issues and drive improvements
• Working effectively with manufacturing, R&D, and device engineers to find solutions and meet development and operational goals, requiring excellent communication skills and a high level of energy and proactive mindset
What you bring to the role:
• An MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, or an equivalent field
• 3+ years of experience in characterizing displays (LCD, OLED, micro-LED)
• Proficiency with display drivers and algorithms, interfaces, calibration methods, colorimetry, and characterization techniques
• Proficiency in opto-mechanical design and constraints
• Demonstrated abilities in technical problem-solving
• A history of being a fast learner with ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities while keeping projects and commitments on-track
• Excellent communication and documentation skills and a high level of energy and proactive mindset
• Strong personal work ethic, sense of ownership, and ability to drive projects to completion
• Flexibility in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs
We also strongly prefer:
• Experience with integrating display modules into industrial or consumer products
• Familiarity with best-practices in guarded and low-noise electrical measurements
• Familiarity with Python and machine vision systems
• Familiarity with Databases and SQL
• Experience within semiconductor manufacturing / R&D environment
This position is located at Raxium headquarters in Fremont, California.
At Raxium, diversity means making a conscious effort to reflect the many experiences and identities of the world outside, while treating each other with fairness and without bias.
We are conscientious about being inclusive in our decisions and how we treat each other to help foster an environment where people of all backgrounds not only belong, but excel, so that together, as a company, we can succeed.
Raxium is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.