Staff Display Engineer
Raxium is a leader in the display technology industry. We are funded by a number of Tier-1 Venture Capital firms in Silicon Valley and guided by an Executive Team with proven track record of successfully launching disruptive technologies and transitioning them into commercial success. We’re developing a completely novel class of semiconductor display technology that will enable new functionality in future display products.
· Understand and interpret customer needs for microLED-based microdisplays for AR/MR/VR and other applications, including requirements for CMOS PWM pixel drive, power consumption, thermal management, connectivity and routing, compression modules, architectural and standards alternatives
· Generate and articulate viable system design alternatives and trades, backed by simulation and modeling documentation and presentation
· Produce, with team and development partner collaboration, system and high-level pixel drive specification to meet/exceed customer requirements
· Oversee partner backplane CMOS ASIC development, integration with pixel front-plane, bring-up, testing, calibration, and manufacturing transfer
· Interface with manufacturing partners and vendors for mass-production transition
· BSEE; MSEE or PhD preferred
· >10 years experience in similar/relevant roles
· Experience in system modeling, evaluation and presentation of architecture alternatives
· Experience in oversight of layout, fab, test & debug, packaging and yield improvement of CMOS ASIC elements
· Ability to effectively communicate and co-develop with external partners, vendors, customers, stakeholders, and cross-functional internal and external collaborators
· Customer needs collection, interpretation, prioritization, detailed requirements definition, prototyping and validation and verification
· Pixel-drive backplane design/implementation experience a strong plus
· Hands-on ASIC design experience
· Power consumption modeling experience
· Pulse-width modulation system design experience
· Thermal modeling understanding (experience a plus); experience with methods for reducing/transferring thermal load across system electrical/mechanical elements
· Embedded software/firmware control systems design & implementation
· Experience in consumer electronics product development
· Project leadership and organization experience
· Experience in producing and implementing designs for high volume manufacturing with high reliability
· Demonstrated ability to generate and present trade-space and alternatives aligned with customer objectives and technical feasibility
Open to novel, creative, inventive approaches balanced with implementation practicality.
At Raxium, diversity means making a conscious effort to reflect the many experiences and identities of the world outside, while treating each other with fairness and without bias.
We are conscientious about being inclusive in our decisions and how we treat each other to help foster an environment where people of all backgrounds not only belong, but excel, so that together, as a company, we can succeed.
Raxium is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.