Staff Data Base Engineer
Raxium is a start-up in the display technology industry. We are funded by Tier-1 Venture Capital firms as well as Strategic Technology companies and guided by an Executive Team with a proven track record of launching disruptive technologies and transitioning them into commercial success. We’re developing a completely new semiconductor display technology that will enable a path forward for new functionality in display products, bringing a closer and more natural linkage between the digital and physical worlds.
Raxium is currently seeking a Staff Database Engineer for our location in Fremont, CA.
Staff Database Engineer
Raxium is seeking a Staff database Engineer in our Fremont, CA facility. As a key member of software team, you will be bringing your broad experience with data modeling and programming, to craft unique solutions used throughout the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of developing custom database solutions, slick and insightful dashboards / reports. In this role, you will be working closely with engineering, operations and software team.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities:
• As an individual contributor you will be responsible for documenting user requirements, coding, testing, maintaining software solutions.
• Drive projects from inception to ongoing enhancements.
• Design, develop using stored procedures and implement complex scalable database systems, programs and applications.
• Resident expert in database performance and scalability, complex query tuning, monitoring and incident response.
• Partner with cross-functional teams, leadership, engineers, program managers, and data scientists to understand business and application needs.
• Perform Database Administration. Plan and deploy database infrastructure build out and perform upgrades & migrations as needed.
• Contribute to major system upgrades, deployment automation, monitoring enhancements and Production changes.
• Evaluate database solutions from multiple vendors and provide leadership role in implementing them.
• Develop Dashboards and Reports using data analysis tools like Power BI. Objective is to enable R&D by providing insight into engineering processes and operations.
• Develop and maintain docker containers.
• Develop shell scripts based on project needs.
• Write well-structured, maintainable code.
• Adapt and work with multiple technologies at multiple levels in a complex software environment.
• Solve challenging software problems in new domains with many complex components.
• Ability to work on multiple overlapping projects at same time.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Extensive experience in Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Databases.
• Expert in developing database procedures using Microsoft T-SQL.
• Experience with scripting languages for DevOps automation.
• Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes is a plus.
• Knowledge of NoSQL & Big Data technologies is a plus.
• Experience with Python programming language.
• Excellent database design skills.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong business and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Proven track record in providing robust, scalable solutions to complex problems.
• At least 5+ years of experience in a Semiconductor or Manufacturing environment.
• BS / MS degree (preferred computer science / Industrial engineering).
This position is based in Fremont, CA and we expect you to be on-site majority of the time. We have a Semiconductor manufacturing facility that is operational 24 x 7 and there will be instances where you will be asked to support operations at odd hours.
The health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
At Raxium, diversity means making a conscious effort to reflect the many experiences and identities of the world outside, while treating each other with fairness and without bias.
We are conscientious about being inclusive in our decisions and how we treat each other to help foster an environment where people of all backgrounds not only belong, but excel, so that together, as a company, we can succeed.
Raxium is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.