Senior Equipment Engineer
We are growing, come join us...
Raxium is a start-up in the display technology industry. We are funded by Tier-1 Venture Capital firms as well as Strategic Technology companies and guided by an Executive Team with a proven track record of launching disruptive technologies and transitioning them into commercial success. We’re developing a completely new semiconductor display technology that will enable a path forward for new functionality in display products, bringing a closer and more natural linkage between the digital and physical worlds.
The primary focus of the Equipment Maintenance Engineer position is to troubleshoot, repair, maintain,
modify, and improve all semiconductor/LED processing equipment in all production areas including, wet
etch, dry etch, metal deposition, dielectric deposition, metrology, and photolithography. Assist with
cleanroom support systems, including but not limited to: PCW, HVAC, vacuum systems, pump systems,
bulk gas systems, standard gas supply systems, RODI systems.
The ideal candidate will have strong Electro/Mechanical knowledge enabling sound troubleshooting and
repair capabilities. Maintaining and improving facility, and cleanroom support equipment along with
semiconductor/LED process equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Electro/Mechanical knowledge enabling sound troubleshooting and repair capabilities.
• Improve performance by reducing downtime and upgrading systems as needed.
• Perform preventive & corrective maintenance on complex process equipment.
• Assist with material and chemical handling as needed.
• Help develop and maintain maintenance procedures and troubleshooting guides to ensure
equipment meets reliability/availability targets.
• Support all aspects of process and production needs.
• Assist with equipment procurement and supplier selections through analysis of specifications,
performance, and cost.
• Determine necessary tooling and measurement equipment to properly maintain assigned
• Create spare parts lists and determine correct stocking levels to maximize service level and
• Utilize knowledge of and resources to predict equipment failure and proactively set and establish
preventative maintenance support and schedules.
• Work closely with process engineering, and other team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied physics or
• 5+ years of experience as an Equipment Engineer in Semiconductor industry
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player. Ready to work within maintenance and engineering
roles – ability to multitask.
• Successful demonstration in providing solid engineering and problem-solving solutions.
• Ability to analyze tool performance data to detect chronic problems and remedy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with MES software, including (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CAD
• Proficiency in reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, and electrical schematics
• Thorough understanding of safety protocol/procedures when working with toxic/corrosive
process tool sets.
• Knowledge of wet/chemical/solvent process benches and fume hoods
• NH3 Bulk gas system knowledge, installing cylinders, maintenance, repair.
• Process pipe pressure and leak testing experience.
• Forklift operation.
• Experience troubleshooting several of the following equipment areas:
o PLC, software controls
• Candidate will be required to pass a physical fitness test as required by Cal/OSHA.
• Must pass respiratory medical clearance.
• Must follow all COVID-19 protocols.
• Support emergency response and safety team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Requirements of the Equipment Specialty
• Must pass respiratory medical clearance
• Regularly required to talk or hear, use hands or fingers, and handle or feel objects
• Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
and the ability to adjust focus
• The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
At Raxium, diversity means making a conscious effort to reflect the many experiences and identities of the world outside, while treating each other with fairness and without bias.
We are conscientious about being inclusive in our decisions and how we treat each other to help foster an environment where people of all backgrounds not only belong, but excel, so that together, as a company, we can succeed.
Raxium is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.